Be a Man of Excitement and Mystery
Scripture: “The husband must fulfill his duty to his wife, and likewise also the wife to her husband. The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.” 1 Corinthians 7:3-4
Thought: Boredom in the bedroom is bad for the marriage. Sex is a lot more than just sharing your body—it’s a journey of intimacy. Figuring out boundaries together gives you great opportunities to seek the Lord’s wisdom, and to learn how to love each other more deeply. God created sex to be fulfilling for both men and women on many different levels. I believe God gave us the incredible experience of sexual pleasure so that married couples can experience what it means to feel like “the finest fruits are at our door, new delights as well as old, which I have saved for you, my lover” (Song of Solomon 7:13) Guys, sex begins in the kitchen, not the bedroom. Be a man of excitement and mystery!
1. Don’t take each other for granted, compliment your spouse. Be specific, instead of saying “You look nice,” say something like “I love the way that dress shows off your curves.”
2. Use physical touch every day. Kiss each other goodbye in the morning, embrace when you meet again, and give each other massages to unwind from a long day.
3. Make small changes to spice up your sex life. Ladies, buy some lacy lingerie that makes you feel attractive and that you know your man will like. Men, light some candles to make your bedroom into a more sex-friendly environment.
4. Send a naughty text. Tell your partner how excited you are to see him or her, reminisce on the last time you spent a night together, or send a sexy selfie. Messages like these can really get your partner fired up!
5. Make each other laugh. Being able to laugh and have a sense of humor can help you cope with the inevitable ups and downs of sharing life together. Tickle each other, wrestle playfully, get tickets to a live comedy show, host a game night with friends, or cozy up in front of a good comedy film.
6. Manage stress. Stress is a normal part of life, but chronic stress causes a spike in hormone that can reduce the desire for physical intimacy. This can cause damage to your relationship. Spend more time doing things that you enjoy. Life can’t be all work and no play; devote at least one day each week to doing what you love.
Action: Sometimes the best thing for a relationship is to stop analyzing the imperfections and simply let go and enjoy one another. Remember that every person, and every relationship, has its flaws. What is important is how your spouse makes you feel and that he or she treats you with respect. Lighten up and just enjoy the ride! Have some adventurous sex!
Prayer: Father, I want to put you first in every area of my marriage and this means first in our sexual intimacy with one another. Lord, it’s not about me, it’s about pleasing my spouse, teach me to be adventurous, open, accepting and putting a smile on your face.